Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_like_button_post' in /home4/mgpaleo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 2213
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_like_button_page' in /home4/mgpaleo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 2214
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_like_button_post' in /home4/mgpaleo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 2140
- Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Scholsser. A great place to understand what is inherently wrong with letting big agriculture take charge of what we eat.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollen: As a living being who can eat meat, plants, nuts….everything….what is the answer to what we should be eating?
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollen: a follow-up to the Omnivores Dilemma, how to apply it.
- The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson: This gave me practical real life advice on what to eat, how to eat, and how to live to reprogram my genes to health and vitality. We don’t have to passively accept illness and weakness just because we get older. He has a series of books to check out.
- Sugar Nation: The hidden Truth About America’s Deadliest Habit and The Simple Way to Beat It by Jeff O’Connell. One Man’s real life journey to discover the hidden risks to his own health.
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight and Find Your Way Back to Health by William Davis. All about the dangers of Gluten and why we should all pay attention.
- The Paleo Diet: Lose the Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Foods You Were designed to Eat by Lorain Cordain. Blends medical research with a healthy sprinkle of individual anecdotes, practical tips, and recipes designed to make his suggestions into a sustainable lifestyle
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine Shanahan. Illustrates how our ancestors used nourishment to sculpt their anatomy, engineering bodies of extraordinary health and beauty
- Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for a Longer Life and Better Health by Nora Gedgaudas. Combining your body’s Paleolithic needs with modern nutritional and medical research for complete mind-body wellness. There’s no way to describe what this book taught me in a sentence. A must read.
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price. An epic study demonstrating the importance of whole food nutrition, and the degeneration and destruction that comes from a diet of processed foods.
- Why We Get Fat: by GaryTaubes. a clear cut, no nonsense look at what makes us fat.
- Good Calories Bad Calories: by Gary Taubes, a more robust version of Why We Get Fat.
- The New Evolution Diet: by Arthur Devany, What our paleolithic ancestors can teach us about weight loss, fitness and aging.